Find the “write path” towards achieving your writing dreams. Discover who you are as a writer, and learn all about your different publishing options.
If you’ve always wanted to write, but don’t know where to start, if you’re stuck in a writing rut or want to rekindle your passion for writing, or if you’re serious about getting published but don’t know much about the industry, this workshop is for you.
We’ll have worksheets, handouts and writing exercises to help you get started on whatever writing path you wish to travel.
Here's a sampling of what you'll learn if you register for the workshop:
1. The Key Paths to Publishing - Traditional publishing and self-publishing are just two of the many options you have for getting published.
2. How a book gets published traditionally
3. The basics of self-publishing including:
a. Your self-publishing options
b. The Real Cost of Self-Publishing a book
4. The pros and cons for both traditional publishing and self-publishing
5. Other Publishing Options
6. Tools to kickstart your writing career
And much, much more!
About the Speaker
Nutschell (pronounced Noo-SHELL, in case you were wondering) Anne Windsor is a middle grade/young adult fantasy writer. She is the Founder and President of CBW-LA and is the Co-Regional Advisor of the L.A. Region of SCBWI (Society for Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators). She also works full-time as the Program Manager for the UCLA Extension Writers' Program.
You can learn more about her by reading her interview with Voyage LA Magazine.
Copyright © 2010–Present | Children's Book Writers of Los Angeles. (CBW–LA) | All rights reserved.